We would like to make things as easy as possible so we have provided F-A-Qs

Q ) Who manages the Gauntlet and what is the name of the company and contact?

A ) Glastonbury Retail Lettings are the commercial Managing Agent of the Gauntlet and are situated at the Gauntlet.

Q ) What proportion do I pay towards the services?

A ) The agent should have made you aware of the service charges applicable to your unit. Each unit contributes a fair proportion towards the services, this is calculated by the size of unit, by dividing the total usable retail area to formulate a percentage. The percentage then represents the amount that is due per unit.

Q ) Who does the shop fitting?

A ) We don't have our own shop fitting dept although we do have skilled trademen that we can recommend.

When you are doing any work with the “electrics” it is compulsory to use a professional who is qualified and will sign off the safety certificate. We would prefer to use our in house electrician who will I am sure be only to pleased to assist you.

Q ) Can we choose our own sign and design? and do we pay for the internal signs?

A ) It is normal practice to show the landlord what you have in mind, unless it is extremely inappropriate then there should not be a problem. Signage can be contracted through our Recommended Signage erecters
All internal name signs are charged to the incoming tenants for fixing and removal.

Q ) Can we paint the outside of our shop?

A ) No, the shop is painted and maintained by the service dept and stays the same colours. The doors are currently grey and window frames white . However you can paint the inside and the outside sign of which you are responsible.

Q) How quick can we move in ?

A) It is possible to move in within a few hours providing all monies are paid and the lease is signed

Q ) Do we need our own insurance?

A ) You contribute towards the building Insurance costs incorporated in the service charges, however you will need contents insurance which is to be tailor made to suit your business.

Q ) Can you recommend someone to build a website?

A ) Yes we do have a Website Business that offer a discount to any Gauntlet customers.

Q) Do I need a Solicitor?

A) We have spent thousands of pounds challenging our own Lease with another solicitor in order to arrive at a fair lease template. This allows the process to flow much quicker and save a lot of money in the process. Breaks are always offered and the lease is transparent therefore there is no need for a solicitor. It is of course your prerogative to use a solicitor you wish to do so but will be responsible for all legal costs for both parties.